Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another "Best Books of 2010" List

This one, is from NPR and is entitled, "Book Club Picks: Give 'Em Something to Talk About." The list is compiled by Lynn Neary, herself a member of a book group, who has had some successful recommendations, and, one notable dud.

You may be interested to note that the RTG committee already has two of her recommendations under consideration, Faithful Place by Tana French, and The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman.

Do you have a favorite book from 2010 that you think would "give 'em something to talk about"? Here's my recommendation: What is Left the Daughter by Howard A. Norman. I've read many many books this year in my role as a RTG committee member, and this is by far, my favorite!

List your favorites of 2010 in the comments section below.

--Diane

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I also liked What is Left the Daughter but I loved The Thousand
Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell.

Diane said...

At 479 pages, I won't be reading it. My limit is 350! I'm generally a slow reader, and anything over 350 takes me an eternity. It's horribly limiting, I know! The rest of the RTG committee reads the long books!

Mike said...

I loved Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson. It would make a great book club read.

KURIOUS KITTY said...

Hi Mike! The committee has already selected this title for inclusion, so, look for a RTG kit in the near future!