Monday, December 20, 2010

Is Your Book Group Anywhere Near Concord, NH?

If so, you may be interested in this letter forwarded to RTG by Deb Baker, Events Coordinator at Gibson's:
Dear readers,

I’m thrilled that my first novel, FINNY, was published by Random House this year, and that Gibson's has invited me to come talk about it with readers and book clubs on Monday, January 24, at 7 pm. The novel is a love story and coming-of-age tale about a defiant young woman named Finny Short, whose relationship with her childhood love leads her on a remarkable adventure, spanning twenty years and two continents.

There have been great reviews of the book recently in the New York Times, the Baltimore Sun, the London Financial Times, and the Boston Globe, in addition to a number of other papers. You can see the reviews and more information on the novel at my website: www.justinkramon.com.

I feel particularly fortunate that book clubs have enjoyed my novel so much. I've made in-person visits to over 50 clubs since the novel came out, and I'd be delighted if your club might consider choosing FINNY as your January read. Even if you haven't had a chance to finish the book before the 24th, please come by to say hi.

Looking forward to meeting you on the 24th.

All best,

Justin Kramon
If you have questions, you can contact Deb Baker at 224-0562 or gibsonsevents@yahoo.com.

If anyone has read Finny, what did you think? Is it a good discussion group choice? Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.

--Diane

1 comment:

I'm Jet . . . said...

Sounds awesome. I'm going to try to make it to the event.